Integration with OpenCart
This guide will show you how to integrate Messaggio's messaging application into your OpenCart system.
To setup a triggered sending, you need to link your Messaggio account and OpenCart.
- Create an account at Messaggio. To do this, click on "Create account" on the Messaggio website. Enter your details and click "Register". You have an Messaggio personal account now.
- To get started, you should accept this public offer terms and conditions on behalf of your company. To do this, click "Continue" on the notification under the menu in your personal area and follow the prompts. Once your application has been reviewed, you can proceed with registering the name of the messenger.
- Register the sender name, by specifying the required channel for sending messages.
Normally it takes no more than one working day to verify an application to join the offer.
The activation period for the sender name depends on the channel in which it is registered:
- SMS - 3-15 days, depending on mobile operator
- Viber — 1-5 days
- Go to "Project info", copy the project login.
OpenCart side settings
Messaggio app installation
Click on "Modules/Extensions", "Installing Extensions" to install the Messaggio application. To download the zip file containing the installation file, click on "Download" and in the new window select the required file.
To check that the plugin is installed, go to "Modules/Extensions". In the "Modules" window you will see the installed Messaggio plugin.
To set up a sending a message using our application, click on the "Edit" button near the Messaggio module in the "Modules/Extensions" tab
- In the edit window that opens, inside the Messaggio application interface, go to "Settings". Make sure that the application has an "Included" status. Select the channel to send notifications according to the sender name created in the Messaggio Personal Area.
- Specify the sender name code for the API. For this purpose, go to the Sender Name menu in your Messaggio personal account and click on "Info". Copy the code and paste it into the relevant field in the application for OpenCart.
- Specify the Messaggio project login. You can find it in your Messaggio personal account under "Settings" - "Project" - "Detailed information" - "API settings".
Congratulations, the Messaggio and OpenCart integration is complete!
To send trigger notifications when a task is created/updated, you need to prepare message templates.
Message template creation
A message template is the content you send to the recipient. To start creating message templates, go to "Templates", press "Create template" and follow the prompts in the application interface.
- For each template, assign an event to trigger a message. Available events are order information, payment updates, delivery information, and various internal notifications for the administrator.
- Select the shop for which template is to be used
- Select after which action the message will be sent in the "Event" tab
- Specify the category in which template will work
- Then select the language in which template text will be written. Both Russian and English languages are available for selection
- Enter the recipient's telephone number in the "Reciepent" field and write the text to be sent in the "Message" field. Text templates are available for the variables listed above the "Message" field
To send messages, make sure that the sender's name is activated. To do this, go to your Messaggio personal account, section "Senders". An ACTIVE status should appear near the name.
The sent messages log can be viewed under "Send hisory". The data is displayed for the last 7 days. Statistics for a longer period can be viewed in your personal Messaggio account, in the section "Statistics".