Requirements for the content and format of Viber messages
You can use 4 layouts for your message template:
- Text + button
- Text + image/video + button
Video messaging is now available on Viber. To learn how to create and send a newsletter with a video, read "How to send a video in Viber".
The allowed length of a business message in Viber is no more than 1,000 characters.
When you add emoji to the text, remember that each emoji takes several characters. For example, a smiley takes 8 characters, a heart - 7 characters, etc. When you hover over an emoji, its transliteration is displayed.
The maximum image size that you can use in a Viber message is 1600x1200px, up to 2MB. The image can be uploaded from the device when creating the layout, or selected from the gallery of previously uploaded images.
The list of industries for which sending business messages to Viber is not available:
- Political parties or organizations with a political nature
- Gambling and Trade - online and offline casino businesses, sports betting, bidding, lottery, bitcoin, binary options and forex companies
- Credit/loan services and pawn shops unless these services are offered by a registered financial institution such as banks and services that are endorsed by banks
- Content with sexual nature and any other adult content
- Tobacco related services
- Alcohol related services
- Businesses that are involved in weapons and drug trade
- Open portals/blogs that have no control over the published content, for example; Internet websites that allow its users to create content and share it
- Religious services including churches, temples, mosques etc
- Online spiritual services such as tarot cards readings, astrological mapping, etc
- Companies that are considered to be Viber’s competitors, as decided by Viber, in its sole discretion
For information on the rules for a Viber Sender ID, go to the «Viber Sender ID requirements» section.