What data do we collect?
Messaggio collects the following data:
- Business contact information (such as personal names of your employees, job titles, organization’s location, phone number, email address, and country);
- Marketing information (such as your contact preferences);
- Account log-in credentials (such as your email address or usernames and passwords);
- Troubleshooting and support data (This may include contact or authentication data, the content of your communications with us, etc.);
- Payment information (including your credit card numbers and associated identifiers and billing address).
Examples of the information we receive from other sources include demographic information (such as age and gender), device information (such as IP addresses), location (such as city and state), and online behavioral data (such as information about your use of social media websites, page view information and search results and links).
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Messaggio with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
From time to time, we may obtain information about you from third-party sources, such as public databases, social media platforms, third-party data providers, and our joint marketing partners.
Messagio may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Information we receive about you from our Clients: A Client may provide Personal Information about you to us through the Service. When a Client provides their User database they provide us with certain contact information or other Personal Information about you such as your name, email address, address, or telephone number.
- Device information: We collect information about the device and applications you use to access the Message sent through our Service, such as IP, telephone number, type of device, browser version, screen resolution.
- Usage data: It is important for us to ensure the security and reliability of the Service we provide. Therefore, we also collect usage data about your interactions with SMS campaigns (and/or Messages) sent through the Service, which may include dates and times you access campaigns (and/or Messages). This information also allows us to ensure compliance with our Terms, to monitor and prevent service abuse, and to ensure we attain certain usage standards and metrics in relation to our Service. We also collect information regarding the performance of the Service, including metrics related to the deliverability of Messages and other communications that our Clients send through the Service. This information allows us to improve the content and operation of the Service and facilitate research and perform analysis into the use and performance of the Service.
- Information we collect from other sources: From time to time, we may obtain information about you from third-party sources, such as social media platforms, and third-party data providers.
How will we use your data?
Messaggio collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order and manage your account.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
- To bill and collect money owed to us by you to perform our contract with you for the use of the Service or where we have not entered into a contract with you, in accordance with our legitimate interests to operate and administer our Service.
- To send you system alert messages in reliance on our legitimate interests in administering the Service and providing certain features.
- To communicate with you about your account and provide customer support to perform our contract with you for the use of the Service or where we have not entered into a contract with you, in reliance on our legitimate interests in administering and supporting our Service.
- To enforce compliance with our Terms and applicable law, We may or our third-party service provider may also review content of the Messages.
- To meet legal requirements, including complying with court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms.
- To provide information to representatives and advisors, including attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements in reliance on our legitimate interests.
- To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar legal proceeding.
- To respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- To provide, support and improve the Service.
- To provide suggestions to you and to provide tailored features within our Service that optimize and personalize your experience in reliance on our legitimate interests in administering the Service and providing certain features.
- To perform data analytics projects in reliance on our legitimate business interests in improving and enhancing our products and services.
- To conduct marketing research, advertise to you, provide personalized information about us, and to provide other personalized content based on your activities and interests to the extent necessary for our legitimate interests in supporting our marketing activities or advertising our Service or instances where we seek your consent.
- To carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes, such as data analysis, fraud monitoring and prevention, identifying usage trends and expanding our business activities in reliance on our legitimate interests.
- To cooperate with public and government authorities, courts or regulators in accordance with our legal obligations under applicable laws to the extent this requires the processing or disclosure of Personal Information to protect our rights or is necessary for our legitimate interest in protecting against misuse or abuse of our Service, protecting personal property or safety, pursuing remedies available to us and limiting our damages, complying with judicial proceedings, court orders or legal processes, or responding to lawful requests.
- If you agree, Messaggio will share your data with our partner companies so that they may offer you their products and services.
- If we detect abusive or illegal behavior related to your User database, we may share your User database or portions of it with affected ISPs or anti-spam organizations to the extent permitted or required by applicable law.
- Other examples include analyzing data, hosting data, engaging technical support for our Service, processing payments, and delivering content.
- Any competent law enforcement body, regulatory body, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (a) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (b) to exercise, establish, or defend our legal rights, or (c) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
- When Messagio processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
Messaggio securely stores your data at our servers and offices located in the Malta – European Union, so your information may be transferred to, stored, or processed in the EU. We are subject to Maltese Data protection act of April 2018.
If you are a resident of a state or country which is not one of the Member States of the European Union you hereby consent to having your personal information stored and processed in Malta under the applicable Privacy Shield Framework.
Messaggio would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies.
[List organizations that will receive data]
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Messaggio from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the Messaggio Group.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here.
What are your data protection rights?
Messaggio would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request Messaggio for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Messaggio correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Messaggio to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Messaggio erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Messaggio restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Messaggio’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Messaggio transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- The right to unsubscribe – You can opt out of receiving marketing messages from us at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our marketing messages. Also, all opt-out requests can be made by emailing us using the contact details provided below.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email.
How to contact us
Email us at: email@example.com
Or write to us at:
E103, The Hub, Triq Sant Andrija,
San Gwann, SGN 1612, Malta.
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Messaggio has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Office of the Information and Data Protection Commissioner (https://idpc.org.mt/en/Pages/Home.aspx).
Information and Data Protection Commissioner
Floor 2, Airways House
Sliema, SLM 1549